Monday, January 24, 2011

A letter to Iakov Mysi regarding Jerusalem circa 1479

Iakov,

I hope this missive finds you in good health and peaceful surroundings. We may have talked about this before, but I still would like to take this opportunity to apologize for the danger that I had exposed you to during our trip to the Holy Land.

I did not expect such an event to occur. My sire had not given much explanation, other than our Father's desire to meet me once the Five have made themselves known to each other. He still lives, and is among us! It will be interesting to see how the Sabbat will react (sooner, rather than later) if they know what I now know. What we know. What all of you will know. Especially after what has happened at Thorn.

You still may not know or understand it, but had I not gone against my sire's wishes for me to wait, you, and every Cainite in the city would have perished. The others I could care less of, but to have risked a friend's, nay a brother's life unnecessarily for something I barely understood at the time was unforgivable. For this I humbly apologize.

As for your sister - perhaps we will have better luck as we move on. I will help you with this as much as I possibly can, at the very least as a means to atone for endangering you back in the Holy Land.


Regards,

Michel

No comments:

Post a Comment